Below is a compilation of commonly asked questions.
If you have any additional inquiries, please call us at (818) 597-7361.
- Can I bring my dog to the park?
Dogs are only allowed in the parks while on a leash, and owners must clean up after their dog’s waste. Please be aware that children are frequently in the park, and curb your dog accordingly.
- Where is the nearest dog park to Agoura Hills?
The "Bark Park" is located in Calabasas on Las Virgenes Rd. across from A.E. Wright Middle School.
- Can I reserve a park for my child’s birthday party?
The only section of the park that can be reserved in the parks are ballfields. Picnic shelters, tables & chairs, and grass areas are first come, first served. The exception to this rule would be large parties (75 or more people) and special events such as weddings, exhibits, shows, etc. Please call (818) 597-7361 for further information on these events.
- Which parks have ballfields?
Chumash, Forest Cove, and Old Agoura parks have ballfields.
- Which parks have basketball courts?
Forest Cove and Old Agoura parks have outdoor half courts. Morrison Park has a full court.
- Which parks have barbeques?
Forest Cove, Morrison, Old Agoura, Reyes Adobe and Sumac parks have barbeques.
- Can I bring my own barbeque to the park?
Park patrons may bring their own barbeques to the park, but they must carry a fire extinguisher & be sure to operate it in a safe manner.
- Can I have a moon bounce in the park?
Moon bounces, inflatable devices and other machine based rides are not allowed in the park.
- Can I have pony rides in the park?
Horseback riding & pony rides are allowed in the equestrian arenas and trail at Old Agoura Park. Riding is prohibited in the other parks.
- Can I have a party with beer or wine in the park?
Alcohol is prohibited at all city parks.
- Are there permanent restrooms in the parks?
All parks have permanent restroom facilities that are maintained by the city.
- What do I do about bee swarms in the park?
Please call the Agoura Hills Recreation Center at (818) 597-7361.
- Can I operate my model airplane in the park?
Model airplanes, rockets, and other battery operated devices are not allowed in the parks.
- Can I ride my scooter or skateboard in the park?
Skateboards, scooters, and motorcycles are prohibited in the parks.
- What are the hours of operation at the parks?
Park hours are from 9:00 a.m. to dusk (which varies from season to season).
- What are the business hours of the Agoura Hills Recreation Center?
The Agoura Hills Recreation Center is open Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.