COMMERCIAL REFUSE SERVICES
Businesses in the City of Agoura Hills are serviced by several refuse and recycling collectors for their business refuse needs. Each business owner can select from one of several permitted collectors. The City of Agoura Hills has instituted a mandatory commercial sector recycling program in conformance with California Assembly Bill 939. What this means is that all businesses must have recycling programs and all trash collectors haulers must provide the bins for the collection of recyclables. Your refuse collector is responsible for providing the recycling bins at your facility.
For 2019, the following collectors are permitted to provide commercial service collection and/or roll-off and/or rent-a-bin services:
1) E.J. Harrison and Sons Inc., 5275 Colt St., Ventura CA, 805-647-14144)
2) Interior Removal Specialist Inc., 9309 Rayo Ave., South Gate, CA 90280 - (323) 357-6900
3) J & L Hauling & Disposal, P.O. Box 3035, Chatsworth, CA 91313, (818) 470-9356; (818) 470-9504
4) Metropolis Disposal Inc., 7740 Burnett Ave, Van Nuys, CA 91405, (818) 901-2020
5) Magnum Land Clearing, P.O. Box 3184, Chatsworth, CA 91313, (818) 887-9222
6) Rock & Roll Off Inc. - P.O. Box 144, Agoura Hills, CA 91376-0144 - (818) 991-2323
7) Universal Waste Systems Inc., P.O. Box 3038, Whittier, CA 90605 - (800) 631-7016
8) Waste Management/G.I. Industries 195 W. Los Angeles Ave., Simi Valley, CA 93065 - (805) 955-4342
Each collector that provides commercial refuse services is required to divert certain percentage of waste for recycling. Discuss the options available for you with your permitted collector.
MANDATORY COMMERCIAL RECYCLING
AB 341 requires all cities to implement programs to address commercial recycling and recycling in multi-family unit complexes that generate more that 4 cubic yards of refuse per week. To address this issue of commercial recycling, in 2006 the City Council adopted Resolution No. 06-1437 to established revised processes for mandatory collection of commercial recyclables. Within this resolution, “all persons owning or having control of day to day activities of a commercial premises within the City shall comply with the resolution". Your current commercial collector, identified above can work with to help you satisfy this requirement. Contact them to see if you can improve on your current recycling efforts or start new programs. Your efforts will continue to assist the City with compliance of all state mandates associated with solid waste collection and diversion. For questions, please contact Solid Waste Solutions Inc., at (805) 495-7521 or City staff (818) 597-7314. Thank you for your cooperation.
In order to determine if you must comply with AB 341, please call Tom Jacobellis with Waste Management at (805) 955-4346 to find out the volume of refuse your business generates every week.
You can subscribe to the following permitted commercial recyclers in order to set up a recycling system at your place of business:
- Anderson Rubbish Disposal - (805) 526-1919
- Universal Waste Systems, Inc. - (800) 631-7016
- Waste Management, Inc. - (805) 522-9400
HOW CAN MY BUSINESS HELP RECYCLE AND REDUCE WASTE?
• Encourage employees and co-workers to reuse and recycle paper.
• Keep mailing lists current to avoid duplicate mailings.
• Use e-mail, voice mail and bulletin boards to circulate messages and other information.
• Tell your clients about your waste reduction efforts.
• Print “recycled content” on products with recycled content.
• Buy products with recycled content.
• Buy long-lasting, durable materials and equipment.
• Donate unwanted office equipment and other items to charities or other individuals.
• Have your name removed from mailing lists of products and services you are not interested in
The following documents can be used to facilitate in the implementation of a commercial recycling program in your place of business.
- Apartment Recycling Flyer
- Business Recycling Flyer
- Easy Office Recycling Flyer
- Mandatory Recycling Flyer (black)
- Mandatory Recycling Flyer (green)
- No Merging Recycling Sign
- Recycling Bin Labels
- Reduce Paper Poster
- Reusable Paper Box Sign
- Sample AB 341 Explanatory Memo
BUSINESS E-WASTE RECYCLING PROGRAM
Electronic Waste or E-Waste is unwanted electronic equipment such as computers, monitors, printers, network equipment, telephones, etc. If your business is located in Los Angeles or Los Angeles County, there is a recycling program for you for diposal of your business electronic waste. The S.A.F.E Centers are locations to take your E-Waste
AGOURA BUSINESS E-WASTE PROGRAM
Agoura Hills businesses can now utilize the City's Business E-Waste Program. Click here for details.
1ST Wednesday of the Month, 400 N. Gaffey St., L.A.
2nd Wednesday of the Month, 2649 Washington Blvd., L.A.
3rd Wednesday of the Month, 7660 W. Imperial Hwy, Playa del Rey
4th Wednesday of the Month, 11025 Randall St., Sun Valley
This service is available by appointment only and operated by the City of Los Angeles. Please contact (800) 988-6942 for appointments.
COASTAL INK JETS - CHATSWORTH (818) 534-2316
This company accepts computer software disks, stereos, laptops, VCRs, DVDs, PDAs, computer monitors, CPUs, Copier, printers/scanner/fax machines, telephones and televisions.
HOW CAN I RECYCLE MY BUSINESS:
Cell Phone, Used Ink Jet Cartridges, PDAs
BCS, Inc, 8745 Remmet Ave, Canoga Park (888) 286-7188
This program accepts cell phones, used ink cartridges and PDAs. This is a mail-in-program.
Waste Management's Lamptracker Program (800) 410-9008
You may also log onto to the lamptracker website and follow the five easy steps to recycle your fluorescent lamps containing mercury.
Ink Jet and Toner Cartridges
FedEx Kinko's, 5045 Cornell Rd, Agoura Hills (818) 879-0250
Accepts inkjet and toner cartridges. Please email email@example.com for more information
Office Max, 394 North Moorpark Rd., Thousand Oaks (805)0446-4060
Staples The Office Superstore, 5760 Lindero Canyon Rd., Thousand Oaks (805) 865-9660
The County has developed two web sites to help businesses reduce waste:
www.lacomax.com is a materials exchange where materials or items that are available or wanted are posted. Simply type in information about the item or material you want to discard or inquire about, and your information is available to anyone in the region with Internet access. Listings are accessible both by material category and geographic region.
http://dpw.lacounty.gov/epd/brtap/recyclingsite/index.cfm offers information and advice for setting up and expanding waste reduction and recycling programs.